Blackout

I've got my home office mostly up and running now. Mac working: check. Printer/scanner working: check. Globe And Mail archive installed: check. Internet working: sort of.

Electricity working: er, not if you're an NPower electricity customer in West Yorkshire, it's not.

The wonderful power company blacked out my area of town yesterday for 11 hours, at exactly the time I was endeavouring to work. The house was freezing while I frantically worked on a laptop as its battery percentage counter drew ever closer to zero. At 9%, I transmitted my partially completed work to Canada via a Three wireless broadband modem, it too down to a last pixel of life on its battery indicator.

As it turned out, the paper didn't use the graphic and held it for another edition! Perhaps NPower will let me finish it today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapel isometric cutaway step-by-step...

How I cutaway the Xbox Series X...

Got 'im...